While New York City is one of the most expensive cities to live in or visit, there are many inexpensive activities you can do with your students.
One of the most famous museums in the world, the “Met”. Metropolitan Museum of Art, offers free admission for New York schools on Mondays. (Please call the TK Tours Inc for details on group tours and pricing).
- American Museum of Natural History
The American Museum of Natural History offers free admission to NYC schools and camps. (Please call TK Tours Inc for details on group tours and pricing). Permanent exhibits at the family-friendly spot include giant dinosaur skeletons and the Hall of Biodiversity. Enjoy a self guided tour of the museum including real artifacts and places from the movies “A Night at the Museum” and “A Night at the Museum Battle of the Smithsonian”! AND don’t miss the planetarium!
- The Juilliard School
The Juilliard School hosts more than 700 music, dance, and drama performances each year that feature talented students as well as special guests. Many are free, and even the ticketed events are usually offered at a reasonable price. Free tickets are available at the Juilliard box office, and standby tickets are sometimes available on the day of a performance.
- Relax and Enjoy the Views of Central Park
There are so many things to see and do while at Central Park, here are some ideas to choose from.
- Visit the Shakespeare Garden, where students can learn about the flowers and plants he mentioned within his writing.
- See the animals at the Central Park Zoo. The zoo is set on 6.5 acres in the park. A typical zoo visit is approximately 1.5 – 2 hours. (You can usually find discounted tickets online as well).
- Tour the park. Many tours are free, but some tours go up to $15 per person. Make sure to check which tours allow groups and which ones don’t.
- The Mall and Literary Walk – This is known to be the only straight line in Central Park. The path runs from 66th to 72nd Street and is surrounded by beautiful elm trees.
NYC during the Holiday Season is a magical time of year. Tourists from all around the world come to visit the Rockefeller Christmas Tree and see the surrounding holiday window displays. Within walking distance of Rockefeller Center are:
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Macy’s Herald Square
- Barney’s of NY
- Bergdorf Goodman
- Tiffany and Co.
When planning a group trip with your students, TK Tours, Inc. is here to help with all your needs. Contact us for more tour information at 516-492-3114 or toll-free at 877-352-1644.